I used to mock the cruel parents who would dare put their kids on a leash. What a odd thing to do. They aren't dogs, they should be free to roam around and explore like little kids do. But in the last couple weeks I have come to realize the error of my ways. I never realized kids like Calum existed. Calum constantly is trying to wriggle free from my grasp and sprint far out of sight. This happens everywhere we go, the store, the park, restaurants, our parking lot, the zoo. Needless to say it tests my patience. It gets really old waddling after my two year old who is laughing saying "Come get me Mom," or "Run like Dash" when I am almost into my third trimester. Not to mention the panic that I feel that he is going to run into the street or get seriously lost. I am seriously starting to consider this whole leash idea...
Miraculously we still manage to get out of the house and back in one piece. Some of our adventures...
Sidewalk Chalk.
Getting slushies, and spilling them :)
Climbing trees.
Watching TV.
Eating "Graham Crappers" and candy from Christmas.
Reorganizing the kitchen.
Leading a marching band.
He tells me, "I need a drum mom." and sings "We're following the leader." Kevin and I both don't know where he picked this up. Or this. Haha.
Running around after church.
Trying on glasses.
Skyping with grandparents.
He got really mad on Sunday when we called Papa on the phone and not on the computer. Haha. Seriously, was so mad.
Acting silly.
Cleaning up his messes.
I told him we were going to get out of the tub the other night, and he wouldn't get out til he put all his toys in this bucket. It was so funny to watch how determined he was. He tried quite a few times before he got everything in. Too funny.
Having lunch with dad.
Calum loves going to the temple. When we turn the corner to it he usually starts yelling "It's the temple." "Dad's work." "DAAAAAAD." Or something like that. His favorite thing is to check out the tractor, but he was digging on the worm he found today too. Haha.
As you can tell this week has been a little crazy. I mean, I'm considering buying a leash for my child!! Kevin has groups coming in every night at the temple to help with the planting and still has classes two nights a week. Calum and I have been eating a little bit like college students; chili dogs, cereal, spaghetti, you know. It's hard to cook for basically just me, cause Calum doesn't eat much. It will be nice when Kevin isn't so busy and can help me chase this little hooligan around. He really is so fun and cute and entertaining, but man, he sure knows how to wear out a pregnant lady!















No comments:
Post a Comment