Kevin asked me this week "Do you do anything but hang out at the pool?" I laughed but then had to admit that this week, pretty much all we did during the day was play at the pool. It was the last week the pools were open so I thought I'd better take full advantage of them while we can. We had lots and lots of fun. Unfortunately I didn't get one picture because Calum is kind of a crazy man these days and didn't leave anytime for lounging or snapping photos.
Calum is a little too fearless. In the zero entry pools he would walk into the deep area over and over. He wasn't content unless the water was about to his chin. Which is scary because then when he loses his footing and falls he goes under the water and can't get up himself because he is too buoyant. The other scary thing is he is quick!! He would scamper over to the deep end of the pool, put his feet in and try to scoot in! All the while I'm knocking kids out of the way trying to get to him. So needless to say, our trips to the pool were not relaxing. But Calum sure had a good time. He would swing on hand rails, blow bubbles and even dunk his whole head in. I'm telling you he's a maniac! I'm kind of glad the swimming season is over, I don't think my nerves could handle much more :)
When we weren't at the pool we were...
Brushing our teeth
Putting stickers in our ears
Eating crayons
And sending more text messages
Calum is becoming a whiz at the phone these days. This week he sent Kevin and animated smiley face :) and the following text to one of my friends...
"I'm at the dr office. I'll call ya in a bit." (He tapped into the quick texts on my phone) Seriously, so funny. Who does that?
We also started a babysitting group with our friends where we trade off watching all the kids. So this was how we spent our Saturday night :) Calum was pretty excited to have his girlfriends over.
And when we couldn't be at the pool or doing those other fun things we were listening to Calum's constant jabbering. We are starting to understand some of it. He says "What is that?" and "Help me" but we still can't figure out what it means when he says "Dobby" and he says it all the time, and with purpose, so we know it means something but we can't quite figure it out. Maybe we will discover it's meaning this week when we aren't distracted by the deep end of the swimming pool.
No comments:
Post a Comment