Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Randomness

The week back from vacation always makes me feel very scatter brained. Trying to get back to normal life while unpacking and playing catch up. So all I have for you today are random thoughts and pictures. 
Calum thinks its so funny to put things over his head. He was running around like a mad man just giggling with this towel over his face. I was having to herd him away from walls or hard objects that he might encounter.


We babysat some of our friends girls the other night. They wanted to dress up like princesses and have Calum be his prince. This was what I came up with. Haha.


Calum had a good time with this box. He kept pushing it around and climbing in and out of it over and over. Funny kid.


If ever you are laying on the floor chances are Calum will come and seat drop onto your belly over and over. Growing up I termed this a BoomBaDoggy and tortured my dad the same way Calum likes to torture us. He just laughs and laughs as he bounces the wind right out of you. This is a shot from one such occasion. 


I always tell Kevin that I can't take Calum anywhere without people stopping and talking to us. He is just so cute that he draws all sorts of attention. While this is almost always the case, the other day it was me drawing peoples attention. Haha.
Calum and I were in the car at a stop light and he was getting grumpy. So I kept turning around and singing to him. I would do it dramatically kind of like peek-a-boo. Well right as the light turned green I glance over at the car next to me and they were watching me and laughing there heads off. 
Not a few hours later, we were again in the car driving down a very busy street and I look down to see a wasp on my foot. I swatted it and pulled my left foot up close to me. I rolled the windows down hoping it would fly out. And when I hit a stop light I put the car in park, took off my flip flop and started going to town on this bee. Now flip flops are not the ideal weapon for assassinating a bee. Bee's have what is called an exoskeleton and flips flops have a sort of flippy floppy quality to them. So as you can imagine the bee was putting up a pretty good fight after multiple lashings from my shoe. But I wasn't letting up, I was on a rapid fire setting and with determination continued pounding on this wasp when I heard... "Did you get him?" The man in the car next to me had been watching me unload on this been and shrieking like a mental person for probably a good minute. Horrified I mustered up an embarrassed smirk and said something like "It won't die!" The nice gentleman said "It's a bee huh? I'll watch the light for you, do what you gotta do." I did just that,  took a few more blows at the bee til he was barely moving. The onlooker said "It's green," and drove away. I made it home with only a sting to my pride. 
So embarrassing. Clearly is time to to get tinted windows or something!


Calum fussed all the way through the grocery store the other day because I wouldn't let him eat the banana that I put in our cart.




 Calum says "no, no" When he is doing something naughty. The other day I heard him in the living room saying "no,no,no" over and over. "Oh great," I thought and hurried in to see what he was up to. He had my glass of water which was basically full and was coming to give it to me. Haha. It was splashing all over the floor and on his face, but he was so proud of himself when he handed it to me. 


Calum loves swimming. We went yesterday and he would splash and laugh and kick his legs and even voluntarily put his face under. He's my favorite.


Lots of times I try to squeeze in a quick workout at home. I was doing sit ups the other day and Calum thought he would help me burn a few more calories by climbing on me and adding some extra weight. He thought it was hilarious me lifting him up and down over and over. 


We couldn't find Calum's sippy cup yesterday. We hadn't taken it anywhere so I knew it was in the house. We looked a few different times with out any luck.
This morning Calum walks right into our closet, reaches his hand into my shoe holder, pulls out his cup and starts chuggin away. I guess it's his new hiding place for it. Haha.


I taught my first lesson in young women's this last Sunday, it went good. The one girl in my class and I had a really good discussion. Haha. Really though it was awesome. While I getting excited to teach. Kevin is getting excited to learn. Thats right ladies and gents, Kevin starts school this week! He also should be finding out in the next few weeks if the head grounds position is his for sure or not. So wish him luck. Lots of stuff going on it's hard to have anything but random thoughts running through my head! I'm grateful for Kevin who listens to my randomness and helps me focus on the important things in life. Love him tons.

No comments:

Post a Comment