Lots of pictures this week. I hope your ready...
Happy Independence Day! Kevin had to work so Calum and I headed over to our ward breakfast in our festive attire. There was a big pond near by and Calum kept trying to go jump in. Needless to say it wasn't all that relaxing, but I did manage to visit here and there and get to know our new ward a little better. Every little bit counts right?
Calum and his new crush, Jovie.
Trying to escape again :)
We came home and Calum helped me clean the house :) He was really excited when I lowered the handle to make it his size. I think it took me twice as long to vacuum our house since Calum insisted on helping me with the whole thing. But it was so worth it and he loved it! He couldn't stop laughing. Haha.
Once Kevin was off work we headed to a little BBQ at our friends house.
Calum loved playing with all his buddies even in the chilly pool :)
Can't believe how big all these babies are getting! They are pretty much all on the move. It took a lot of effort to snap a pic while they were all sitting there.
The ladies and babies.
Since we've had all these crazy fires here in Colorado they had a ban on fireworks. We were a little bummed on the drive home so we tried to improvise with glow sticks and party poppers. Calum liked it even though he was ultra tired.
Fireworks or not, so glad I got to spend the fourth with these cute boys :)
The rest of our week was eventful as always. I mean how can it not be with a Calum on the loose. I have been watching the Biggest Loser and its motivated me to work out more, so I've been trying to do that. I was really excited to get our jogging stroller working and take that out for a spin.
We went to a splash park with some friends. Calum loves little kids and they love him back! As you can tell by this awesome hug! Haha.
Calum was a little timid at first but eventually warmed up to the idea of getting sprayed by water, then he couldn't get enough.
So this is what the park looks like that we went to, a giant sleeping cowboy.
I found it fitting that Calum decided to do this on the way home. Haha. I think he liked the park.
Our friend Kylie and Ryan came to stay with us Friday night. They live in New Mexico so it was fun to get to see them and visit. I'm a loser and didn't get any pictures. I guess we'll have to make up for that when we head down to the Land of Enchantment for the Balloon festival this fall :)
On the Fourth we were talking about how sad we are that Colorado is really lacking in the shaved ice department. Snow shacks are seriously non-existant here! We have even seriously considered, and are still considering opening up our own Fugee's Freezies just to get our fix (Pretty awesome name huh?). Anyway, we were very excited to find a vendor at a street market selling shaved ice! Woot! So I had to document.
We happened upon this ginormous dandelion on a walk by the river so we stopped to check it out. Can you tell Calum is trying to blow on it. So cute :)
Our Nauvoo trip is quickly approaching, so we have been prepping a little bit this week. We got a new cheap umbrella stroller for snug packing. I've been trying to come up with stuff to keep Calum entertained on our cross country journey and I also made some travel pillows. Calum couldn't get enough of his and wore it around the house for a while one day.
And of course, what would the week be without some random monkey pictures.
Calum's latest favorite place. He clears it of all his stuffed animals and sits there like its his throne. I don't know why he likes it so much but he seriously goes there a few times a day!
Calum is a good helper, remember the vacuum? He also likes to help me put the laundry in the dryer, then climb on the door because thats just what monkeys do.
Every day he gets bigger and bigger. He eats with his own spoon and fork now (some days better than others). And is learning new words everyday. My favorite is "No." He does things that he knows he's not supposed to, like climb on the table or run to the front of the class during relief society then points and says "No." He's so naughty.
Yeehaw! On to next week!

No comments:
Post a Comment