Tuesday, May 8, 2012

What do I do all day?

My friend without kids ask me this question a lot. "So what do you do all day?" To be honest I don't really know most days. But somehow I manage to be busy. You'd think one kid wouldn't take up all that much time but he does. Feeding and dressing him take up most of my day, not to mention all the diapers that I am still changing. Then I clean my house and try to squeeze in time to get my self and dinner ready which doesn't always happen. And somewhere in the mix of all that I manage to have somewhat of a social life, spend time with my husband, pay bills, run errands, plan my church lesson and the list goes on an on.  But if I am being completely honest. Most of the day I drool over how cute this darn kid is that I have. It is pretty distracting having someone that cute around all day, it's really a wonder I get anything done.
We got to have lunch with Kevin a couple times this week and Calum was really excited! He loves his dad and cries whenever he leaves. He actually doesn't really like when anybody leaves lately. We were at Zupas the other day and Calum was waving at a random old man who was headed toward the door and when he left the building Calum started to cry. He's so funny and just loves everybody. But especially his dad :)


Calum also likes rocks. It doesn't matter where we're at, if there's a pile of rocks around, Calum is sure to find them. Such a boy.



Calum is still transitioning from crawling to walking. He likes to do this bear crawl a lot. Mostly when he doesn't like the texture below, like a rug or this grass. He is so funny. But he actually is taking more and more steps each day.. I think he just knows that he is quicker when he crawls so he thinks, what's the point in taking the extra time to try and walk.


The other day I was busy doing something when I heard the t.v. come on. Calum had maneuvered  through the Netflix menu and turned on a show. He has also sent out a few text messages recently. One to grandpa and another to dad. He must have missed them. This kid is already techno savvy. 


Calum was reading books to Kevin the other night. He would flip the pages and just jabber like he was telling the story. It was pretty cute. I actually filmed it but it's like seven minutes long so I didn't upload it. Maybe I will a little later :)


Didn't realize the zoom was on... Still cute.


This weekend my friends Tianna and Cody came into town. (Just now realizing that I didn't get a picture of us all. Sad day.) They celebrated Cinco de Mayo with us by checkin out the party down town and eating tacos (Don't worry, I tried some tripe tacos. I thought I'd be brave. The first few bites weren't too bad, but that's all I could handle.) The art museum was having a free day, so we snuck in there for a bit to get out of the sun. Calum wasn't too sure about this giant turtle.



After a really hot day what does the weather decide to do. Hail. What?? This was one of the littler pieces. Denver is c-c-c-crazy!


This is Calum's favorite thing lately. He has figured out how to scoot himself around on his little car.


Other Calum activities include: Climbing out of his high chair and onto the table, Dancing with mom, sword fighting with sticks or spoons, playing catch, getting horsey rides from dad and getting his top teeth! He is such a boy and we just can't get enough of him!
So there it is. This is what I do all day. I play with Calum and love most every second of it. It's pretty much the best thing ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment