Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Parties and Presents


Calum is one!!! I can't believe it. We have had quite the week, party planning and what not. I don't even know where to start. I'm going to start at the birthday party because that's what it was. A party. A monster party to be exact. I had so much fun getting ready for the party, making stuff (besides the cake pops. Those are the worst things in the world) and putting googly eyes on everything. I loved it. It turned out super fun and cute. We did it at our church because there's more space. But when we showed up there was a color guard team posted up in there and running all around. So it was kind of crazy getting ready and setting up for it but it worked out. 








Lots of people came to celebrate with us. Including a surprise visit from grandma and grandpa Foulger!! Such a fun surprise!! Calum was so happy to see them and share his first birthday with them!


I had fun making these goofy party hats. Some kids liked them more than others :)


All of Calum's buddies and some of the action that went down at the P. A. R. T. Y.


We had a Monster Truck Rally at the party. Each family decorated a monster truck and then we raced them with the kiddos inside. I think people were a little skeptical at first but they ended up having fun with it. Especially the older kids. Thats what I was hoping for when we decided to do it. 


It was a party. Cake fun and lots of presents. Crazy kid got so spoiled. Everybody must know him really well because he got a lot of books. And Calum looooves books :)


Just keeping watch over the world. I love this cute cape that our friend Katie made him. Love it!! Calum has been doing this a lot lately. At our house he stands at our sliding glass door and looks longingly outside. I think he just likes to check it out and hopes that I will take him out on a walk or something. Such a funny boy. I think this is my new favorite picture though :)



We also got some other fun presents this week. Grandpa and grandma Foulger got us this awesome trailer/stroller. We got a sweet backpack carrier for an awesome deal on craigslist. And we got Calum a big boy car seat which we have yet to install but we are still excited about. Now summer just needs to get here for us to try out all our fun toys!


Funny picture that grandma snapped Sunday afternoon. Like father like son :)


On Calum's actual birthday we at dinner at Wahoo's taco's then went to the Bass Pro Shop. Kind of a random thing to do for a kids first birthday. But he likes to look at fish so we took him to look at the fish there. First we ate fish, then we looked at fish. It was a great night :)

Earlier in the week we went on a windy hike with some of my friends. We were quite the sight with all of our babies and baby carriers. So funny.


Calum had a check up with the urologist this week and everything is looking great. We will have one more check up in a year and if all looks good then we wont have to make any more trips to there clinic. Yahoo!! 

Even though Calum is one. He still isn't walking. But he is very observant. Loves picking up little things and checking them out. Lately he has been trying to share all of his drinks, food and pacifiers with us. He does this funny sighing noise and has also been blowing spit bubbles. He has three teeth and for the first time ever he slept through the night!! It was the day of his party, I don't know if he was just tuckered out or the sugar high finally made him crash. I was pretty excited though. Too bad it didn't last. I think he is finally figuring it out though. Happy one year buddy!! Can't wait to see what fun the next year brings us!!

1 comment:

  1. Such a rockin party Kinz. So sorry we didn't get to be there long, but I'm glad you took such great pics of everything, and it all looked amazing. Can't believe he's 1!!!!! Such a cutie

    ReplyDelete