Today marks one full week of not nursing Calum. I had to get a steroid shot in my wrist last Tuesday because I have a little thing called DeQuervain's Tendonitis, also known as New Mom's Wrist. Basically it's from lugging around 19 pounds of baby all day everyday. It had been killing me since August and I finally went in to a specialist and it didn't take her but 5 minutes to Diagnose it and give me a shot. It took a few days but my wrist is feeling great, still a little tender but vastly improved.
But anyway, when she gave me the shot she advised me to not nurse for a few days. I figured if I'm not nursing for a few days I might as well quit altogether. I was planning on taking the gradual approach but this curve ball changed my tactic. And it has been going great. Calum honestly doesn't even care. He happily takes a bottle. He is still waking up about twice a night but I guess that is our next hurtle.
Mason came to our house the other day wearing this shirt. And Calum had just gotten the same one for his birthday from his awesome Aunt Kelli. So we put it on and had them be twinners. Too cute :)
It had been really nice outside this week so we have tried to go out and play a lot. This was us at our apartment complex just playing with the rocks. We tried out our awesome backpack carrier on a muddy little hike.
We also took our new bike trailer out for a spin and Calum had a ball.
We also took our new bike trailer out for a spin and Calum had a ball.
Our friends Hayley and Jake surprised us for a little visit on Friday. They were on their way back from road trippin it out to Minnesota for spring break and decided to pay the Foulger's a visit. It was really awesome to see them and hear about their adventures at an Amish community :)
We just have the greatest friends out here in Colorado. We definitely miss our family but we are definitely cared for and get to share in fun times and special moments with people here too.
On Saturday me and Kevin got to go to the temple and see our friends Ryan and Rochelle get sealed to their two kids. It was amazing!! Kevin and I had never been to a family sealing before and it was so awesome. There was such an amazing spirit that was there! The church is true. Families really can and will be together forever!! I am so grateful that I was married in the temple and get to be a family with Kevin and Calum for all eternity!! What an amazing blessing and promise! Click on my "I'm a Mormon" link if you want to read more about the awesome blessings of the temple :)
Kevin and Calum both got sweet haircuts last night. I've cut Calum's hair twice before but it was really only a snip here and there to cut off some stragglers. This however was a full blown hair cut. With buzzers and everything. Calum did not love it. He wasn't too sure about the clippers when I was showing him them, and then when I put them on his head he would move and try to look at them. I think they kind of scared him, or he didn't like the vibrating on his head. Either way he was a wiggly little worm. We put him in front of the T.V. in hopes that would distract him and when it didn't, we gave him some ice cream :) Kevin was in charge of giving him bites while I cut. His haircut turned out alright, I just hope he didn't eat too much hair in the process.
I put some product in Calum's hair this morning just to see what it looked like and this was the result. Kind of a little crazy. It might be too long but I didn't dare cut it shorter. His hair is so blonde that if I went any shorter I think he'd look bald. I don't think I'll style it quite yet anyway. Maybe when he starts walking because now with all the rolling around and bumping his head into stuff this hair do lasts about an hour and then after that it looks like a matted down mess. It's great. Also, He looks too grown up with his hair like that and he can't grow up yet he's still my baby...
My sweet baby who controls our every move. Lately he likes to throw his pacifier out of the crib then stand there and cry til I come in and give it to him. It's a fun little game he plays with us until he gets bored of it and decides to finally go to sleep. He has been playing this game with me while I have been writing this blog post. I think I have gone in 5 or 6 times to retrieve his binky that he has hucked somewhere in the room. Sometimes I really have to search for it, it's times like these that Calum likes best. He stands there and giggles while I am on my hands and knees routing around his bedroom trying to find his pacifier. Yup he has us in the palm of his teeny little hand.
He's geting bigger, thats for sure. Big boy shirt. Big boy food. Big boy hair cut. He teases us like a big boy. He's growin up too quick. We better just follow Grandma Foulger's advice and start stackin rocks on his head! Maybe that will slow him down but I doubt it.
Calum has been the king of goofy faces lately. And these last two I thought were pretty awesome :) Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment