Darcie, I decided that you are my hero. Taking care of seven kids is not an easy job! At all. I had an old pro with me this week and we were going going going all week long. I think that you are amazing! You love and take care of all your kids and manage to look cute and have fun while doing it :) I hope I can be as awesome as you some day.
Yep I survived. Took care of my sisters kids last week and had a blast doing it. My mom had pity on me and decided to forgo her trip to Phoenix and spend the week with me and seven of her grandkids. I was grateful. I'm sure I could have managed on my own but with my mom there we were able to divvy up the chores, sleepless nights and dirty diapers.
The older kids were a big help. The oldest is 13 and the youngest is only a couple months older than Calum. The older ones knew the ropes. They could translate for their younger sisters and were able to fill us in on their routines to make the day go smoothly.
Calum had a lot of fun being around his cousins. He did get beat up some though. The youngest of Darcie's clan was not used to having someone littler than her around so she played a little rough with him. She would try to pick him up (remember she is only about 3 months older), she would step on him, take his toys and get excited and hit him on the head. None of this is because she was being mean. She is the sweetest little girl ever. She is just used to playing with the big kids and was trying to teach Calum to hold his own.
Ride in Cinderella's carriage the night before Kevin left. They were doing them up at the temple for a fundraiser. The little girls loved it!! I of course had an allergic reaction to the horses and sounded like a man for the rest of the night.
Ramey's awesome Valentines box.
My mom brought down a gingerbread house for them to decorate. They were so stoked. They didn't even care that they were decorating a gingerbread house in February :)
We had lots of fun with the girls. They painted my fingernails, helped write Valentines played cards and minute to win it games, did an obstacle course, danced, and of course did makeovers...
The older two girls did the little girls make up, they were so excited, they love dress ups, princesses and everything girly, so naturally they were excited to get to wear make up. They were so cute and held so still while the older girls beautified them. The older girls both told me that they wanted me to do their make up crazy. So I did and they thought it was fun. Then they did mine and got a little carried away! Haha. It was so funny. They were laughing so hard while trying to put make up on me,which made us laugh harder. Ashley was saying stuff like, "Don't worry, I'm a professional." It was hilarious. My mom then decided that she wanted in on the action so we did her make up too. We had a lot of fun with the girlies.
I was so glad that I got to help out my sister while her and her hubby went on their first real vacation together in 15 years! Her kids are so amazing and fun and I loved getting to spend time with them. I also got to see some of my friends that live out around those parts, so that was fun. Kevin missed us lots and we were really glad to come home and get to see him and get back to life in Colorado. It was good to spend time with family I sure love and miss them.



No comments:
Post a Comment