Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Muttin Bustin

So lately I have been on this cowgirl kick, maybe it has been all of our trips through Wyoming lately, I don't know. You know that country song, "I should've been a cowboy" That has been my theme song of late. I want cowgirl boots and a hat to match. I want to ride horses (even though I am ridiculously allergic) and herd cattle. But yesterday I realized that I don't need to be a cowgirl to go wrangle up some livestock. I get to round up Calum everyday! 

Let me just tell you that he is everywhere and gets into everything. I thought the whole baby proofing part of motherhood would be a cinch in our two bedroom apartment. My thinking was that he can't go far, we don't have stairs, or much that is breakable so how much trouble can he get into. Boy was I wrong. Just yesterday he broke off two of our window blind things, ate some dirt he found in the entry way, ate some carpet he managed to pull up off the ground, tried to pull a plug out of an outlet, tried to wedge himself behind our couch, beside our washing machine and in our pantry. And that was just yesterday! Needless to say I was a little worn out from chasing after Calum. It is hilarious, he will notice the second that I open the bathroom door or one of the cupboards that I have locked and he will immediately go after it. 


 
 He has more fun playing under the exersaucer than in it these days.

 Trying to stand up.

 I was feeding him pieces of bread and I turned around for two seconds and he had snatched the whole slice and was trying to eat it. 

 I had this mat rolled up because I was sweeping and he unrolled the whole thing by himself. He thought it was so funny, he would make these happy squealing sounds after he would unroll a section. So funny. He was pretty proud of himself.


And after a busy day of roaming the floors Calums favorite thing is to wash his hands in the sink! He loves to splash around and play with the running water. He is such a happy guy and we love chasing after him and seeing all of the adventures he has everyday. I am glad I'm a mom and not a cowgirl. Although I would still love a rocking pair of boots!!

1 comment:

  1. Good gurl stickin with ur resolution!!! Calum is so cute!

    http://miesew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete