Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Day in the Life of Calum

Hi my name is Calum and I am going to tell you all about what a typical day is like for me. It is pretty great being me. First things first, a good breakfast. I eat a lot, this week I ate an entire banana one day and a whole pancake on another occasion. Food is yummy and I am getting really good at eating it.
   After breakfast it is time to go play in my room. The first thing I do is go for the books. I like to look at the pictures and flip the pages. So of course I need to pull out every single book that I own. The only thing that can pull me away from my books is an electrical outlet. My mom put the ottoman in front of it but I'm standing up now so I still try to get it. It is hard work pulling myself up to stand so most of the time I have to bite the edge of whatever I am holding onto and pull myself up with my arms and my mouth, it is kind of like a third arm.
   When my mom gets tired of moving me away from the outlet she sometimes lets me play in her closet. I really like all the different colors of clothes and textures, it makes me giggle, my mom thinks I'm cute. I also like to turn the lights on and off when my mom lets me. In the closet the lights go on and off with a pull string, that one is my favorite.
   Sometimes I sneak into the bathroom and the first thing I go to is the bathtub. I like to pull myself up and look in. I am secretly hoping that if I come in here my mom will give me a bath because I love my baths!
   I got some new toys this week, my friend Mason has outgrown his spaceship car so he is going to let me have it for a while. It is fun to push the buttons, stand up and get pushed around on it. I also got a little house from my friend Aimsley, she is too little for it. It is really fun. My friends Izu and Alitza came over and played with my new toys with me. They are nice. And it was funny watching my mom and dad climb through my house door.
  Some days we get together with a lot of my friends. I am the biggest one and so naturally I pick on them. I really like Aimsley's bows and socks and will take them from her sometimes. She is nice and lets me. It is hard to hold still when our moms are trying to take pictures of all of us.
(Thomas is thinking, "Calum what are you doing? Sit up so we can get this photo shoot over with!")  

This week I crawled up some stairs, I started using my sippy cup all by myself, and I made friends with a dog, which is a big step for me because they used to scare me really bad.
  At the end of the day I am pretty tuckered out. Sometimes I even sleep with two pacifiers because I forget that I already have one in. What can I say, I'm a total boy. I play hard; throwing stuff, jabbering and getting into everything. My days are jam packed with fun and mischief. I keep my parents on their toes and they love it.
 (Notice the two pacifiers, too funny)


My mother-in-law sent me this this week. I definitely need something like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment